Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving - 2009 - Part 3

Okay, so I'm not Martha Stewart, and it isn't a turkey, but with a little imagination, both are possible. . .

For being in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, I managed to celebrate it 3 times. Not bad. Today I went to visit my old friends Jeff and Damien, and we celebrated Thanksgiving again. Since it was just the 3 of us, we got a chicken, and I stuffed it with fresh sage, onions, and an apple - a rough approximation of the way Tony and I would cook a Turkey.




I'm learning to appreciate Brussel Sprouts, and since they are big in England, we had them as a nod to the country we are all living in. We also had a Christmas pudding with Brandy Butter (OMG! is that good). It was the first Christmas pudding I've had since I got here.

Jeff made a Pumpkin pie with a genuine can of Libby's Pumpkin that he purchased on-line. He then made the pie using his Grandmother and Mrs. Libby's recipe.

It was a very rainy afternoon, but it was a wonderful time with friends and cooking.

1 comment:

  1. Whats with those big pot holders!?

    I'm glad you got to have something from "home" for dinner!

    ReplyDelete