Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How do you like them Apples?

So My little Fuji Apple Tree has all grown up.

I was moaning that I wouldn't get to have any apples off my tree since I was going to London, but I was lucky enough to have 2 when I was back in LA. I planted this tree when it was just a twig. Now it is close to 20 feet tall. The first year I had it, it produced no apples, the second year, it produced 5. This year, when I left for London, it was covered with blossoms, and had 5 little tiny apples. When I came home for a visit, it had about 10 decent sized apples.

Tony sent me this picture a couple weeks ago. The tree was loaded with apples - more than he could eat, so he took two bags like the one in the photo to work.

Sadly, I missed out on making Apple Pies and Apple Tarts and Apple Cobbler and Apple Pancakes. . . Hopefully his friends at work enjoyed the apples.

I have found that I can get Fuji apples (the greatest apples on the planet) here in London, but the most common seem to be Braeburn Apples. English Apples, though small are quite good too.

How do you like them apples? . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment