Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Local Neighborhood Canal

It's very European to have a canal system in your neighborhood. London and indeed most of Europe is networked with canals that were used for shipping in the past. Angel is no exception.








Angel has a canal complete with locks and small house boats. My friend Jeff wants to rent a houseboat and pilot it through the canals of England next summer. I've been trying for years to get Tony to go on a cruise .





It is lovely to walk along the bike/foot path on a sunny day. I've seen people in Kayaks and ducks and Swans.














I can't wait for the dogs to get here. Then we'll be able to take them for walks down there.

There's even a pub along the canal that serves some nice ales for those occasional warm days.

No comments:

Post a Comment