Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009 - London Style - Part 1

It was Thanksgiving, and I really wanted to do something for it. I suspect that this drive was partially fueled by the desire to enjoy being what makes me different from a lot of the British people I work with - I'm American. And Americans celebrate Thanksgiving.





I hooked up with my friends Paul, Negin, Kim, and her husband Steve. We tried to go to this cool BBQ place in Soho called BoDeans, which was having a big Thanksgiving feast, but it was completely booked up for the evening. So we wandered through the streets of Soho until we came to The Diner.

It is a fun place attempting to be like a classic American Route 66 diner complete with Shakes, albeit, these shakes could also contain alcohol. Did I mention the Brits have drinking problems?

It has a lot of fun americana foods, and when I feel the need for a taste of home, I will probably go there again.

They were offering a special Thanksgiving Menu that night complete with turkey, dressing, and pumpkin pie.






All in all, it was a good evening even though the dressing looked like some small sausage puck. It tasted good, and felt somewhat homey. It was certainly better than not having something Thanksgivingy on Thanksgiving.

I felt a little jealous of Tony and my family and friends back home that would be having a true Thanksgiving feast.

Little did I know what was in store for me that weekend. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment