Thursday, November 12, 2009

Meat Pie Fan Club

So I've come to be a huge Meat Pie Fan. I've had some amazing award-winning meat pies. Whenever I am down at Southbank on a Saturday, I always try to stop by the Buroughs Market to grab a meat pie or two for the week. I've had some amazing meat pies from Pie Minister. They make all different types of pies. I've had their Steak and Ale, Lamb and Mint, and their Pork and Apple Pie. All are exceptional.

One thing to remember when reheating Meat Pies, it is important to do it in the oven otherwise the crust gets doughy. If heated in the oven, it will remain flakey and wonderful.

There is a Pub that is renowned for its Meat Pies. I have yet to eat there as it is always booked up. But I will certainly keep trying.

Just today, I went to a place called "Eat", and I had a Turkey and Stuffing Pie with Cranberries for lunch. It was of course Carb-Overload, but it was spicey and decadent, and absolutely wonderful - Thanksgiving in a crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment