Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tony Arrives in London

Tony arrived today to begin our search for an apartment to live in. I picked him up at Heathrow Airport by taking the Heathrow Express from Paddington Station. There are two express services from Paddington to Heathrow: The Express and the Connect. The Express is £19, and the Connect is £7.5. The Express is the train that is right in the middle of Paddington for all the Tourists to see and use. It gets one to Heathrow in about 15 minutes. The Connect is off to the side and out of site a little bit. It makes only 4 stops and takes about 30 minutes. I made a mental note that when it was time for Tony to leave, I would be sure to book him on the Heathrow Connect as it is the better deal. I believe it's slogan is "Smart Londoners take the Heathrow Connect". What they should say is "Stupid Tourists pay over twice as much to take the Heathrow Express". Both services use great trains, and can get you to Heathrow very quickly.

When I picked up Tony at the Airport, there was some massive paperazi photo thing for some celebrity that was arriving on Tony's flight. Utter craziness. I asked someone who the person was, but when they told me their name, I had no idea who the were. Guess I'm just a typical geek that wouldn't know a real celebrity if I saw them. I'll have to tell you my Paris Hilton stories sometime.

Anyway, I got Tony back to the hotel, and though he'd been unable to sleep on the plane very well, he wanted to get right out and start his assigned task for the week - finding us a new place to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment