Monday, July 13, 2009

The LAST Thai Tuesday on Monday

The computer has been shipped off, and I'm heading to lunch with a bunch of friends that I've worked with over the last 14 years. We've had a tradition of going to a specific Thai Restaurant called, Emerald Thai. It's fun restaurant, and the owner, Nid, has gotten to know us very well to the point that we don't need to see menus, and he'll set the table up upon seeing us walking across the street. It's very nice to have such a good rapor with a local restaurant. Nid ,after 12 years of eating almost the same thing every week at his restaurant, bought me my final meal in Los Angeles.



In fact, the week previous, when my mother was in town, I dragged her to the traditional Thai Tuesday lunch to meet my fellow "geek" friends.








This Monday, as my flight to London is at 4:30, we elected to have Thai Tuesday on Monday. It was great seeing the gang for my last meal in LA. They are all very special people to me, and it was wonderful seeing all of them. It was very empowering to spend that hour with all of them, and then head off to the airport with Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment