Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pricilla: Queen of the London Desert


Theater is very big here in London, and as a treat for Tony and I while he is here in London, I bought us 2 tickets to see Pricilla: Queen of the Desert. It is a fun and racous show, almost a literal translation of the movie (BTW: What's up with this remaking Movies into Plays - Is there nothing new?). We got in late, and inadvertently ended up being a joke in the show!

The costumes are certainly the star of the show, though the actors were all excellent. It made for a wonderful evening. The theater is literally 2 blocks from where I work. I'd highly recommend it, in fact, if you can do weeknight tickets, they can be fairly reasonable. I plan to see a lot of theater while Tony is still in Los Angeles. A lot of it, I'll have to wait to see because he'd kill me if I go to see Billy Elliot without him - (Another remake)


Of course there is always Les Miz, it is only one block from my work in the other direction. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment