Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Departure


So my car is sold to Tony, with the plan to split whatever he makes from selling the car before he heads over in December. Tony had to sell his new Nissan Rouge (he bought it last October - we didn't know we'd be relocating to London back then) at a loss of $1,700.

He drove me to the airport, and I was feeling a little scattered. We get to the terminal, in fact almost to the ticket counter, and only then did I realize I'd forgotten my Passport. Okay, so it was a pretty stupid mistake, but I'd had a lot on my plate over the past couple weeks. Tony raced back to the house to pick it up, while I waited at the counter to check in. They wouldn't let me check in without it!


He got back just in time, and I checked in. I had to pay an extra $100 to ship a third bag, but it was well worth it when you consider what it would cost to mail it.



I had to make my farewell calls from inside the plane as I just got on in time for it to leave.

I tried to sleep, but wasn't able to. I watched Monsters Vs. Aliens. A cute movie

I arrived in London with all my stuff, and took the Dot2Dot shuttle service to my hotel, the Shaftesbury Hyde Park at Paddington. Double Negative is putting me up there for 2 weeks while I settle in and find an apartment. Like most of London, it has no air conditioning, which in the summer months can make rooms very stuffy and hot. It is on a fairly noisy street, but the beautiful trees make for a nice walk to the convenient tube station at Paddington.

No comments:

Post a Comment