Sunday, August 16, 2009

Broadband - Foiled again

I'd had this date on my calendar for 3 weeks now. The Saturday that Sky would come and install my TV, Broadband, and Phone. It was one of these all-day appointments, where they can't pin it down any closer than sometime between 8 and 5, which basically hobbled me for the day so I got to sit around the appartment waiting. But it didn't matter because I was finally going to have the Sci-Fi channel again. I was going to have a decent internet connection. Believe me, I will never complain again after living with Mobile Broadband for a month (but it is better than nothing). At any rate, around 3pm, the Sky truck pulled up. I was so excited, I ran down to the front door to greet them. The guy comes in and pokes around at some of the cables, and then looks around in some of the closets and tells me that the building isn't setup for Sky, therefore I can't have Sky. . .

Would have been nice to know 3 weeks EARLIER!!!!!

So now I have an appointment in another 2 weeks. This time with Virgin Media. Looks like this should be an easy install. The person who took my reservation pulled up the building history and saw that the previous tenant in my unit had Virgin. So at least Virgin can check to see if you can use their equipment in a building or not. . .

2 comments:

  1. This can't be fun. I'm sure it'll all be worth it when you get to watch all those HD programs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you think that's why the Sky salesperson kept on trying to get you to sign up for Virgin???

    ReplyDelete