Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Mother tries Mussels

What son wouldn't parade his mother around to show her off to his friends and coworkers? I had my mother come by my work one evening to participate in the London tradition of "going to the pub after work". Though she doesn't drink alcohol, they found her an alcohol free beer at company's local pub, The Golden Lion. It was fun introducing her to many of my new London friends.



From there, we walked over to one of my favorite London restaurants, Belgo's. It is a Belgian restaurant that is well known for its Mussels in Frites. They also have an extensive Belgian Biere list. It is a very cool urban restaurant that is almost entirely underground.

We ordered a full serving of Mussels prepared the traditional way with Wine, Garlic, and Celery. They come with Frites fried in real animal fat. Boy are they good.


My mother, who had never had Mussels, loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment