Sunday, October 18, 2009

Space Planning and the New Apartment

Tony and I are planning for the big move on November 9th. I contacted a shipping company when Tony and I first started talking about coming to London. They estimated that we would be fine reserving one container for our furniture. We didn't know exactly what the apartment in London would look like, so we made rough estimates for the shipper. Once Tony and I had found the apartment in Islington, we had a better idea of what furniture would be coming, and what would either go into storage, or be sold at a series of garage sales.

To help facilitate this, I did what any digital artist geek would do, I built a rough model of the apartment on the computer. This allowed me to see what pieces of furniture would work in the apartment before we even began the process of moving stuff over. I didn't want to run the risk of not being able to have room for something we brought over. The two images show all of our stuff, fit into the small apartment. I'm guessing it won't be a totally accurate representation of what it will look like in the space, but I think this helped us to have an idea of how our furniture might work over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment