Tuesday, October 27, 2009

London at Night

London can be truly magical at night. Whether exploring the twisted streets of the West End looking for a show or restaurant, or seeing the magnificence of Trafalgar Square, London comes to life in the evenings.

For the last night that Luis and Leza were in town, we simply walked down to and along the River Thames. It was a coolish night, and we all wore our London scarves. We wandered past Big Ben and the Halls of Parliament, then walked past the London Eye. It was a lovely evening.

As we boarded the subway, I saw Luis and Leza to the stop where we would part ways. We all hugged, and then they were gone. As the train pulled away from the station to take me back up to Angel, I reflected on how wonderful it was to have them visit, and how much I will miss them now that they are gone. I feel very fortunate to have such wonderful friends in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - pretty! I'm looking forward to walking around at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, It was wonderful seeing you and enjoying this beautiful town together . You won't miss us for too long we will try to get back and visit you as soon as we can.

    ReplyDelete