Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A London BBQ


I was invited to a BBQ here in London by my coworker Negin. She is an American who worked at Tippett Studios, and I'm interacting with her a lot at work, as she is a texture painter. She has a cute flat with a nice little backyard area for her two very cute dogs.







I was very happy to see that it was as comfortable as a BBQ back home. I didn't think I'd ever be Q'ing again when I moved here, but where you have Americans, I suppose they will find a way.



Michael, another coworker from Sony who was part of the same layoff that I was, recently moved to London with his wife Lynn and they also attended the BBQ. Though Michael works at MPC, which is a couple blocks away from where I work, he still okay in my book. Looks like there may be an Ex-Pat Digital Artist support group forming here.









Several coworkers from Double Negative attended. A coworker, his wife, and child made an appearance. As well as Nick, Negin's roommate, who is a native Brit.














When I moved to London, I brought with me a couple bottles of fabulous California Zinfandel. I'd been saving them for special occasions, and this certainly was worthy of opening one of the bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment