Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Flashback to my Sendoff from Los Angeles


I attended a BBQ in London this weekend that was gratiously held by an American Coworker. The weather cooperated and made for a lovely afternoon. My mind went back to my sendoff dinner in Los Angeles and the friends I miss from back home. It's not easy being 1/3 of the planet away from home, my family, and so many friends that I dearly love.



I remember thinking about that day of the party a lot and planning the menu. I broke out a bottle of Brunello that I'd been saving for a special occasion. I remember also harvesting all of the beets that I'd been growing for the year, and we had a huge roasted beet salad.





My old boss and Jedi Master Eric, whom I credit for teaching me much in my career came with his lovely wife Penny. My collaborator on many projects at Sony, Luis, and his wife Leeza came. My friend Domi and his wife Mimi came, as well as my dear old friend Lynda.





It was the backyard dinner that is a classic California staple. I hope to be able to find that sort of wonderful evening here in London. Tony and I love to cook and host dinners, so I'm sure we'll attempt to recreate that here as best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment