Saturday, September 12, 2009

Adventure in Kiev - Pt 8: Ukrainian Beer

Here is a very common image in Kiev during the warm summer months. It is the little yellow tanker with the word "KBAC" on it. They are serving a traditional near-beer that tastes more like sweet tea than beer.

Lest you think that they don't have regular beer here too, I tried several different Ukrainian beers that were quite good.










I had one last meal before heading back to the hotel to get ready for my early morning taxi to the airport. Thankfully, Yakov made all of the arrangements so that I wouldn't have to negotiate the summons of a taxi. It was a USSR themed restaurant, and had statues of the Soviet Boy Scout equivalent, that Yakov explained were part of the societal status control.

At the end of the night, we stopped into a McDonalds and I bought an espresso and a muffin, so I'd have something to eat when I woke up. It was fun to see a McDonalds with signs in Ukrainian.

1 comment: