Saturday, August 14, 2010

Flavored Crisps (Chips)



The British have way more interesting flavored Crisps (Chips) than what we have in America, where the flavors generally are regular, BBQ, Sour Cream and Onion, and Vinegar.






I've heard the British complain that the American flavors are quite dull by comparison, and I have to absolutely agree. I don't know what I'll do when I can't get spaghetti or bratwurst flavored chips when I get home.






Here in England, they have these flavors, but they also have a lot of beef type flavors as well as other more creative flavors. In honor of the World Cup, they had flavored crisps for many of the different nations competing.



Tony and I had to go out and buy the different flavor packs to try them out. It was a lot of fun to try the various unusual flavors combinations.

My favorite: Sweet Thai Chili! Ummmm.






At the time of the National Elections, they even had flavors representing the different parties and their candidates. I kept joking that the flavor for the outgoing party was going to be called, "Old Hambone."




Most recently, there was a taste challenge for people to submit their recommendations for a new and unusual flavor. Cajun Squirrel was the clear winner. I wonder if we will be able to try this one out sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment