Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pizza - In London

As strange as this might sound, some of the best pizza I've had in my life has been in London. If you like thick Chicago style pizza, you will be dissapointed. However, if you like thin crispy authentic Italian style pizza, then you will be in heaven.











I have come to really like two places by my work: "Made in Italy" and "The Exchange" bar. Unfortuately, The Exchange Bar, which made a terrific "americana" (pepperoni) , chicken and sweet chili, and BBQ chicken pizza has recently closed.


However, in its place I have started going to Made in Italy. It has a real wood-burning brick oven, and their "diavola" (pepperoni) pizza is awesome. The sauce tastes really fresh, like they crushed tomatoes to make it, and the cheese and sausage are really tasty. I tend to eat there at least once a week.







I recently went with a couple of my Italian coworkers, and they gave the pizza at Made in Italy a thumbs up. Marco, a pizza connoisseur even liked it.




Tony's favorite pizza place is "The Yard". It is located by Old Street Station, and is situated in an old Fire Station. They also make magnificent pizza. The name is derived from how they price the pizza. It is based on purchasing pizza by the quarter yard.

They have the traditional Margarita, Americana and Mushroom Pizzas, but they also have our new favorite - Sweet Chili Sauce, Goat Cheese and Carmelized Red Onions. Delicious.

Last summer for my birthday, Mark took Tony and I to the yard for my birthday. It was warm enough that we sat outside and drank Cider and Pizza. Yes, we even wore short trousers. It was a very pleasant evening and one of the most beautiful pizzas I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment