Friday, December 4, 2009

Thank God for Skype!

Skype has been a wonderful tool to keep in touch with my family back in the states while being separated from them for the past 4.5 months. Before I left, Tony, my Mother, and I set up our computers to be able to talk to each other through this amazing software. It has allowed us to be current in each others lives without it costing us a ridiculous amount of money.




In fact as insane as this sounds, Skype is free. And it is better than phone in that you get to see the people too. It has been great to see Tony, my mom, the pups, and my dear friends as well as hear their voices.




I don't think the dogs ever quite figured it out, because they could hear my voice, but never understood where it was coming from.

My mother loved using Skype, and it was a wonderful way to see her and her husband Dean, and it made the distance and time zone difference not seem so far away.


My evening routine often consisted of coming home, making dinner, then sitting down in front of the computer. Because of the time difference, Tony would often be having his lunch at his desk at work, while I was having my dinner. At least this way, we could have a meal together.




The last day that Tony was in LA, though a hectic one, we took time out to talk on Skype one last time. The image to the right is the last image of Tony with the pups before they went with Paula, our Pet Relocation person, and before Tony headed off to the airport. It was nice to be able to say goodbye to them, and see them, knowing that the next day I'd see them in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment