Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Los Angeles - New Beginnings

I started my new job at Disney a week after my return to LA.  It was a fun first couple days filled with Corporate niceness as only Disney could deliver.   We had a day of orientation complete with a free lunch. 



My orientation was done in the screening room of the old Animation building.  It was here that Walt himself sat in review of the work of his staff.  It is amazing to think that a company of small beginnings has grown into the largest media empire on the planet!


Animation has moved to new digs, so I won't be seeing dailies in this historic theater.
Instead, I will be working here!  It is a wonderful piece of whimsical architecture owing much of its design sense to 50s-60s streamline modern.  Complete with a wizard's hat, which served as Roy's office until he passed away.  The building is named in his honor.


Most importantly, I received the dream of every Orange County child - My Own Silver Pass.  I can now go to Disneyland anytime I want to (excluding certain Block Out days)!











And of course my very own Disney name tag.  Classic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment