Friday, April 20, 2012

Le Train Blu




We splurged this Paris trip and went to a fabulous restaurant called, Le Train Blu. It is a classic French restaurant housed in the train station, Gare Du Lyon. Gilded in turn of the century luxury it oozes magnificent old world charm.









Absolutely French and absolutely stunning - the dining room is the star of the show.









Our vantage point was good for viewing a lot of the beautiful elegance that was on display.









The menu has many of the classic French culinary classics on display.














While being here in Europe, I have been won over by Fois Gras, and when I saw it on the menu, I had to have it. Why not, I'm in Paris!







For the main course, it was Hand Carved Roast Lamb and Dauphinoise Potatoes. The waiter came tableside and carved it in front of me. It made me think of Lawry's Prime Rib back home.  The potatoes were made with a wonderful stinky Roquefort Blue Cheese - strong flavors, but very good.







 Tony enjoyed it so much that he wants to come back here again for his 60th Birthday.  Perhaps we have a new favorite restaurant in Paris.













When it came time for dessert, I'd eyed these amazing Chocolate Eclairs a couple tables over.  They were obscenely huge, and drizzled with fresh chocolate sauce.  Yes, that was the dessert I chose, and I wasn't dissappointed.  The best Chocolate Eclaire I've ever had in my life!







Le Train Blu was a meal to remember, in a location that would be impossible to forget.  I highly recommend it for your Parisian vacation.












 




No comments:

Post a Comment