Saturday, February 5, 2011

MURDER!

This notice was in my mailbox informing me of a murder that had occured a few blocks away, and that the police were looking for any leads as to the identity of the criminals. I can only hope that with as many CCTV cameras as there are in my neighborhood, that they should have all the information they need to find and capture them.

Yes. London still has its share of violent crime too. Though guns are banned from private ownership, they are still used by criminals. More commonly, knives are used in committing violent crimes and are the weapons of choice among gang members. I heard a figure that 1-3 violent crime injuries are the result of a knifing. So, violence is still violence.

I found it interesting that a coworker of mine who is planning to visit the US, asked me if he should buy a gun while there to have for the month that he is planning to be there. I assured him that the US is not the lawless wild west of television and film, though there are certainly plenty of gun related violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment