Sunday, May 2, 2010

Barista Training

At work, there is a Coffee Club I joined. We all chipped in 25 lbs to buy a proper espresso machine. We still have to buy our own coffee to use in the machine, but it is a good semi-professional machine. All of us are learning how to make better coffee, and how to best froth the milk to make a good Latte. However we still have a lot to learn before we can call ourselves experts.


I convinced Tony to take a Barista training class with me at BaristaBarBar to learn how to make a better cup of Espresso. It was offered down in Shoreditch, and so we walked down to this very urban section of London, and attended the class with a couple other members of the coffee club.




We learned a lot about what we are doing wrong. We also learned that we hadn't been cleaning the machine properly, and that we were lucky that no one had gotten sick or died. . . Ooops.



Anyway, I think the class was a good experience, as my espresso extraction, and my milk frothing has much improved this last week. The next stop will be to take a Latte Art Class to learn how to make clovers and leaves when pouring the frothed milk into the cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment